Preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation
Date: 12 Mar 2018The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force from 25 May 2018. This event offers expert advice from BBM Solicitors on understanding and preparing for the changes that GDPR will bring to any business which processes personal information.
Preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation, generously sponsored by Highlands & Islands Enterprise, will take place on 12 March 2018 from 09:40-12:15 at The Weigh Inn Hotel, Thurso. The full agenda is as follows:
- 09:40 Registration – teas, coffees & breakfast rolls
- 09:55 Introduction - Trudy Morris, CEO, Caithness Chamber
- 10:00 Introduction to GDPR, current data protection procedures and data breaches – Jennifer Simpson, BBM Solicitors
- 10:45 Break out session – discussion of data breach scenarios
- 11:15 Coffee Break
- 11:30 Key aspects of GDPR compliance and rights, role of the Data Protection Officer, preparing for the changes – Jennifer Simpson, BBM Solicitors
- 12:15 Q & A / Networking
For more information and to book your place at this FREE event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01847 890076.