5th February 2024
Do you want to be part of a team connecting employers with young people? Our DYW North Highland Operations Manager role may be just right for you!
DYW North Highland
Launched in September 2015, the main aim of DYW North Highland is to build strong and sustainable partnerships between employers and education across the counties of Caithness & Sutherland, better preparing our young people for the world of work by inspiring confidence and helping them gain relevant employability skills for their future career.
Working with our 6 secondary schools, we support the Scottish Governments “Young Person’s Guarantee” to provide a positive opportunity to every 16 to 24 year old such as employment, apprenticeship, further or higher education, training or volunteering.
The Operations Manager’s main focus will be to support the delivery of an employer-led programme of work managing a small team of school co-ordinators hosted by Caithness Chamber of Commerce. You will be responsible to and work with the CEO to develop a work plan to deliver the agreed Scottish Government KPIs.
Main accountabilities, duties and responsibilities
- Manage day to day operations within the DYW programme.
- Manage 4 school co-ordinators.
- Lead, develop and deliver an operational plan, and objectives to meet national KPIs for the programme team in relation to current and emerging priorities as determined by Scottish Government policy.
- Manage regional events with the support of the team.
- Work with partners, employer groups and wider working groups to drive collaboration, identify opportunities for development, deliver regional and local impact and plan for sustainability.
- Record data and produce reports for Scottish Government KPI Reporting.
- Cover duties of other team members, where required, during periods of holidays and sickness.
- Any other duties as appropriate to the post.
Please send a full CV along with a brief, outlining why you consider yourself the best person for the post. The brief should be a maximum of 2 A4 sheets showing evidence of the criteria in both the job and person specification. CV and brief should be e-mailed to Trudy Morris, Chief Executive email@example.com
Closing date: 16 February 2024 by 5pm