SME Brexit Support Fund
The SME Brexit Support Fund could give you up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice, if your business has up to 500 employees and no more than £100 million annual turnover.
Traders can apply for up to £2,000 in total through two types of grants:
- Grant for training on areas including how to complete customs declarations, how to manage customs processes/software/systems, and specific import/export areas such as VAT, excise and rules of origin
- Grant for professional advice to ensure your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
Specific details and eligibility criteria can be viewed on the SME Brexit Support Fund website. General criteria include that the business must:
- Be established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100 million turnover
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)