Business Ventilation Fund
The Business Ventilation Fund, which offers up to £2,500 per eligible premises to help businesses improve ventilation and reduce the spread of COVID-19 will open for applications week commencing 22 November. Please note that the Fund will remain open for applications until 31 March 2022 or until funds are exhausted.
Full details of the application process and eligibility criteria can be found on the Scottish Government website and we have summarised the key details below.
What can be funded?
Costs of carrying out work to improve ventilation and air quality. This could include:
- installing of carbon dioxide monitors
- repairs to windows and vents
Who is eligible to apply?
Small/medium enterprises in a wide range of sectors/premises are able to apply, this includes:
- Hospitality venues (cafes, hotels, pubs, restaurants etc.)
- Tourism venues (hotels, hostels etc.)
- Indoor entertainment/leisure (cinemas, soft play, gyms, leisure centres, etc.)
- Music and event venues (including multi-purpose community/function venues)
- Close contact services (hairdressing, beauty, massage, spa, etc.)
Note that the list of eligible venues/sectors will be considered throughout the lifetime of the Fund. A full current list can be found here.
What is the application process?
Businesses will first be asked to complete an online self-assessment form, which will be hosted on FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot. Those who have identified a need to improve ventilation will then be invited to apply.
Some example scenarios of different business costs/claims are available to help you prepare.