We’re aware that many businesses and individuals are keen to offer support in the community during the ongoing crisis. A number of organisations are now coordinating support across the region, details here:
- Highland Council Helpline and Humanitarian Assistance Centres – This helpline will be used region wide to support those vulnerable at this time. The council will work alongside Caithness Voluntary Group and many other local partners to deploy community support. The number to call is: 0300 303 1362. You’ll then be have three options. 1 – Register to help. 2 – I need help (callers will then be redirected to specialist teams) 3- I have received a shielding letter.
- Highland Third Sector Interface (HTSI) are coordinating offers from individuals who are looking to volunteer their services. You can view the Community Action Register for your area and are encouraged to get in touch with the organisation in your area direct. Alternatively, fill out a form to receive a callback about joining the volunteer register.
- Dounreay are receiving numerous requests for PPE from health and care providers in the area, and have offered to help coordinate donations of PPE from companies in Caithness. If you have spare PPE you are able to donate, please contact email@example.com.
- You can also contact Caithness Voluntary Group for more information on voluntary support.
- Highland Council latest updates
- Financial community support from North Highland Initiative with support from Dounreay.
Caithness Voluntary Group created flyers which have been distributed to homes in the are with the relevant information copies are here:
Page updated 17/04/2020