Highland Council Discretionary Grant Scheme
The Scottish Government has provided local authorities with funding to set up and run discretionary grant schemes to assist those businesses not eligible for other COVID-19 grant support.
The Highland Council’s scheme is now live and full details of eligibility and how to apply can be viewed here. This will provide one-off grants of up to £2,000 per business – note that these funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligibility – Core Criteria
- The business must not have secured a grant from any schemes proposed or in operation from October 2020. Except:
- if income for the period 1 Nov 2020-29 Jan 2021 from the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme is less than £2,000 – in this case, a top-up grant will be provided
- Business was trading on Monday 2 November 2020
- Must be able to demonstrate a significant reduction (50% or more) in trade due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Business is a small or micro business (50 employees or fewer)
- Based in the Highland Council area
Businesses not eligible
- Bed and Breakfasts – a separate grant scheme will be provided
- Taxi, private hire and coach operators; mobile close contact services; travel agents; tour operators; visitor attractions; wedding and events venues; accommodation providers
- Any business which has received support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund (Closure or Restriction Grants)
Supporting documents required
- Bank account details – including account name, address, sort code, account number; dated within 3 months of application
- Business details – e.g. certificate of incorporation, partnership agreement, HMRC registration, self-assessment documents
- Evidence of reduction in trading – P&L statement in form of management accounts or complete bank statements for the relevant period
Should you have any questions relating to the grant, please first refer to the Frequently Asked Questions. If your query is not addressed or you are having difficulty accessing the application form, please contact COVIDemail@example.com.