Nightclub Closure Fund
The Nightclub Closure Fund will provide a one-off payment to support nightclubs that were required to close as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19) measures in December 2021 and January 2022.
The business must be a nightclub and confirm that they:
- were trading on 22 December 2021
- have closed as a result of the restrictions currently in place, and were closed before 23:59 on 31 December 2021
For the purposes of this grant, a nightclub is defined as an entertainment premise that:
- is open until at least 2am at the weekend (pre-Covid operating hours)
- operates mainly or routinely after 7pm
- uses the majority of its premises as permanent dance floor facilities
- has a permanent DJ performance area/booth
- is licensed for recorded music, dance facilities and live performance (on the question 5 activities matrix within the Premises Licence Operating Plan)
- trades after 1am with music exceeding 85 decibels and more patrons likely to be standing than seated, according to the Premises Licence Operating Plan at 5(g)
- is not open during the day as a bar, pub or restaurant
What is available?
The grant is a one-off payment at the rate of:
- £25,000 for premises which have a rateable value of up to and including £40,000
- £35,000 for premises which have a rateable value between £40,001 and £75,000
- £55,000 for premises which have a rateable value of £75,001 or above
Individual ratepayers with more than one business may receive an award for each registered business entity.
How do I apply?
Nightclubs which have previously received support will be contacted and asked to complete an application by 14 January 2022.
Businesses which are registered as a nightclub but have never received COVID-19 funding through their local authority may be eligible for this fund. Additional details will be required in order to assess their eligibility. Further details of this process will be provided in due course.
Businesses which have not received an invite by 14 January 2022 and believe they should have can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Page updated 11/01/2022