Other Support Mechanisms
HMRC & Companies House
- VAT deferral
- Protect yourself from scams
- Companies House to resume the compulsory strike off process (from 10 October 2020)
- Companies House to restart the voluntary strike off process (from 10 September 2020)
- Deferring Income Tax – Income Tax payments for the self-employed due in July 2020 under the Self-Assessment system will be deferred until July 2021.
- Scaled up Time to Pay offer – all businesses and individuals in financial distress and with outstanding tax liabilities may be eligible to receive support.
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme – will repay employers the current rate of SSP that they pay to current or former employees for periods of sickness starting on or after 13 March 2020. See guidance on who can use this scheme and the records you must keep. This scheme went live on 26/05/2020
- HMRC are hosting regular webinars on specific topics to help businesses understand how they can access support. There are also a range of YouTube videos available. Click here to read more.
Highlands & Islands Enterprise
- Help with non-domestic rates in Scotland during coronavirus (COVID-19) (active until 31 March 2021)
- All non-domestic properties in Scotland will receive a 1.6% rates relief – this will be applied automatically to their bill
- Retail, hospitality and leisure businesses will receive 100% rates relief
- Get FREE Legal advice as part of your chamber membership using Quest Services.
- Legal advice & support for business from Harper Macleod.
Scottish Government Return to Work support package
- A £230 million Return to Work package has been unveiled to help stimulate Scotland’s economy following the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- National Transition Training Fund launched – The first phase, open to who have lost their jobs or who are at risk of redundancy as a result of COVID-19, has now launched. Click the link above or call Skills Development Scotland on 0800 917 8000
- Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £10 million to fund research and development projects as part of the Sustainable Innovation Fund.
- Virtual and local support from Business Gateway
- Financial support from Caithness Business Fund
- Printable safety signage
Page updated 10/03/2021