Other Support Mechanisms
HMRC & Companies House
- Companies House support for businesses hit by Covid-19
- Deferring VAT – all UK businesses can deferr their Value Added Tax (VAT) payments for 3 months.
- Deferring Income Tax – Income Tax payments for the self-employed due in July 2020 under the Self-Assessment system will be deferred until July 2021.
- Scaled up Time to Pay offer – all businesses and individuals in financial distress and with outstanding tax liabilities may be eligible to receive support.
- Businesses will be given an additional three months to file accounts with Companies House.
- Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme – will repay employers the current rate of SSP that they pay to current or former employees for periods of sickness starting on or after 13 March 2020. See guidance on who can use this scheme and the records you must keep. This scheme went live on 26/05/2020
- Help with non-domestic rates in Scotland during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- All non-domestic properties in Scotland will receive a 1.6% rates relief – this will be applied automatically to their bill
- Retail, hospitality and leisure businesses will receive 100% rates relief
- Get FREE Legal advice as part of your chamber membership using Quest Services.
- Legal advice & support for business from Harper Macleod.
Page updated 26/05/2020