6th March 2020
The first positive case of coronavirus in Scotland was confirmed on 2 March 2020 and the UK Government chaired a meeting of the government emergency COBR committee on the coronavirus outbreak to finalise a plan of counter-measures to the virus.
It is understandable that businesses are becoming more aware and cautious of the potential economic and human impacts of the virus. The Scottish Chambers of Commerce network continues to be watchful of further significant developments and will update on these as they come. Below is a list of information and resources that have been gathered, which we would encourage you to share within your own networks.
- The UK Government Coronavirus: Action Plan published today, that lays out the UKGOV’s plans to contain and mitigate the effects of the virus.
- The Scottish Government statement on its response to the first confirmed case in Scotland.
- The latest update from the UK Government with up-to-date advice and information for the public.
- UK Government advice for employers and businesses.
- The latest travel advice to the countries, cities & regions the SCC Network is looking to take trade missions to and from:
If you have any specific questions or concerns, please get in touch and we will do our best to advise.