14th April 2020
There has been some recent movement on the Jobs Retention Scheme timescale with HMRC announcing they hope to have the portal up and running by the end of the month. They have asked businesses to get the following information ready now:
You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:
- The bank account number and sort code you’d like HMRC to use when they pay your claim.
- The name and phone number of the person in your business for HMRC to call with any questions.
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf, so please speak to them now.
For more detailed advice, please visit GOV.UK. This guidance is being regularly updated, so please review it frequently.
You may also find this recorded webinar helpful, ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19) Job Retention Scheme‘, available on HMRC’s YouTube channel.