1st November 2021
The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) is responsible for the Defence Estate. DIO has recently identified five priority areas:
- Optimise the use of and improve the condition of assets – improving productivity; building standards; multi-purpose assets; modern methods of construction (including platform approaches).
- Enhance security and resilience across the Defence estate – climate adaptation, physical security, cyber security, counter-terrorism standards, enhancing cyber security; improve climate security.
- Improve the experience of those who live, work and train on the estate – improving office air quality; smart buildings; improved messing; smarter working; customer satisfaction; safety.
- Meet Defence’s net-zero commitments – carbon management tools; renewable energy; decarbonisation.
- Embrace and exploit digital capabilities and management information – improving internal systems; view and analyse data; digital twins; sensing.
If you are interested in an opportunity to contribute towards some ‘lunch and learn’ session to DIO in one or more of these areas, please mention that you have been sent this opportunity by DASA Scotland and send a short brief within the next few weeks (I suggest a maximum 500-words) to Qian.Wang100@mod.gov.uk
Deb (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Innovation Partner
Linda (email@example.com) – Innovation Partner
Anis (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Access to Mentoring and Finanace