17th January 2022
The DigitalBoost Development Grant Fund is accepting applications from Scottish businesses. This fund is being processed on a first come, first served basis.
If you’re running a business in Scotland and want to do more with digital, for example to; improve cyber security, build online booking systems, develop apps or invest in software, which can help to increase productivity and safeguard jobs, then this fund may be applicable to you.
See below for more details about the fund and how you can apply.
What is the DigitalBoost Development Grant?
This fund is open to Scottish businesses to help them do more with digital and is funded by The Scottish Government in conjunction with Business Gateway and its DigitalBoost programme.
- Businesses who are VAT registered can apply for grants of up to £20K. For VAT registered businesses all VAT costs are excluded from the grant sum awarded.
- Businesses who are not VAT registered can apply for grants of up to £5K.
Grant recipients will be able to retrospectively reclaim a maximum of 50% of the eligible cost of their project as detailed in the grant award email.
Who is it for?
The grant is open to all businesses across Scotland who are looking to enhance their service or organisation using digital technology, platforms and innovation. All sectors can apply.
Am I eligible?
- Your business must be registered and operating in Scotland.
- Charities, social enterprises and third sector organisations can also apply.
• Your business must be trading a minimum of 6 months.
• Applicants must be over the age of 18.
• Applicants must be a UK resident with the right to work in the UK.
• Businesses must meet the European* definition of an SME in relation to employees, balance sheet and turnover.
• Available to all industry sectors.
*European Definition The category of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro.
Next steps and more information
For more information on eligibility criteria, FAQs and to start your application, visit www.digitalboostdevelopmentgrant.co.uk