6th September 2022
DASA are pleased to announce a new funding programme called the Defence Technology Exploitation Programme (DTEP).
DTEP is a £16m programme designed to help small or medium-sized (lower-tier) SME suppliers join Defence supply chains and to boost SME defence innovation. Lower-tier suppliers will partner with UK-based higher-tier suppliers who provides or plans to provide Capability to MOD. A grant of up to 50% of total eligible project costs is available to SMEs, up to a maximum value of £500k (£1m total project). In addition, a higher-tier supplier contribution of in-kind resources is required to work with the lower-tier – a minimum of 15% of the total project value. This will not form part of the eligible grant, but is provide in addition to and on top of any government funded support.
Any proposals must address one of the MOD Enduring Capability Challenges:
- Pervasive Full Spectrum Multidomain Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Multi-Domain Command, Control, Communications and Computing (C4)
- Securing and Sustaining Advantage in the Sub-Threshold
- Asymmetric and Hard Power
- Freedom of Access and Manoeuvre in Key Domains and Environments
The competition will be run in 3 monthly cycles, and will have two stages: an outline submission and a full submission.
Full details and closing dates can be found in the competition document here:
If you are interested in DTEP please get in touch.