6th April 2023
We have two new DASA competitions to tell you about.
1. Using AI to Scope out the Grey Zone – closes midday 06 June
This competition is seeking novel ideas that explore Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR). There are three challenge areas
- Indicators and warnings – what is happening in the information environment?
- Intent and attribution – who is doing it and why?
- Courses of action – what can we do about it? (what sort of response options can we use technology to propose in the information environment)
Ideas should be for projects that are 6-months in length and finish at <TRL6. There is £800k of funding available and we expect to fund several projects of up to £300k.
We have a dial-in session on 25 April. Please register here
The full competition document is here
2. Generation-after-next communications and networks – Phase 1 closes midday 31 May
This competition is quite different in format; it will have 4 phases (£6m in total) and these consist of two sets (A and B) of ‘discovery’ and ‘development’. Phase 1 (discovery A) has £1m of funding available and we expect to fund 8-10 projects. These projects will finish at TRL3/4 after a maximum of 6-months.
Phase 1 seeks proposals for innovative technologies for communications, networking and information services, with an emphasis on challenges specific to defence. There are nine challenges described in the full competition document which is here
We are having a dial-in session on 18 April, please book your place here
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.