21st April 2023
The West of Orkney Windfarm is running a series of public consultation events throughout May and is encouraging members of the public to come along.
The events begin in Thurso on May 16 and continue through to Stromness on May 25.
Speaking about the events, West of Orkney Windfarm Development Director Jack Farnham says:
“We are keen to communicate openly with communities across the north of Scotland and offer opportunities to meet and hear your views.
“We’ve already attended a number of local events including the Durness Gathering, the Halkirk Games, the Dounby Show and the Orkney County Show. In November, we organised a project specific consultation event in seven venues across Caithness, Sutherland and Orkney which were well attended.
“We have now analysed the feedback we have received and would like to share an overview of that analysis. We will also provide a project update and more detailed insights into a number of the environmental assessments we have been undertaking.
“We’d like to encourage as many people as possible to attend, where you will get a chance to meet the development team, ask questions and offer feedback.”
Dates and venues are as follows:
- Thurso, The Pentland Hotel – Tue 16th May, 3.30pm – 7.30p
- Strathy, Strathy Village Hall – Wed 17th May, 3.30pm – 7.30pm
- Halkirk, Ross Institute – Thu 18th May, 3.30pm – 7.30pm
- Kirkwall, Orkney Harbour Authority, Kiln Corner – Tue 23rd May, 10am – 2pm
- Sandwick, Sandwick Community Hall – Tue 23rd May, 4pm – 8pm
- Kirkwall, LPVG Room, Pickaquoy Centre – Wed 24th May, 3.30pm – 7.30pm
- Stromness, Robert Rendall Building, ICIT – Thu 25th May, 3.30pm – 7.30pm
Full details are available here: