25th April 2023
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) is pleased to launch a new Themed Competition, Human Augmentation. With funding provided by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) Human Augmentation Science and Technology (S&T) project, this competition aims to develop novel, Generation-After-Next (GAN) prototype HA technologies which can be harnessed safely and ethically and can help mitigate human performance as the limiting factor in a UK Defence environment.
• Up to £2 million is available for this competition, and DASA expects to fund 5 to 10 proposals.
• Submission deadline: midday on Tuesday 13 June 2023
This Themed Competition has 3 use cases:
• Use Case 1: Biofeedback Systems
Systems that measure user state, interpret the resulting data and deliver an effect based on the data.
• Use Case 2: The Warfighter Ensemble
Equipment that is worn closely on the body and is designed to optimise and enhance biological functions.
• Use Case 3: Sensory Enhancements
Enhancing the human senses beyond typical biological capability.
Do you have an innovation that may help accelerate the development of human augmentation technologies for defence and military effect delivery?