29th January 2020, 09:00 to 13:00 @ North Highland College UHI
This basic safety course is recommended for all employees at any level in the organisation. Fire Safety Awareness teaches delegates a theoretical understanding of fire safety equipment and procedures, including fire extinguisher colour coding, when a fire should and shouldn’t be dealt with, and the purpose of smoke alarms, sprinklers and fire doors.
The cost of this course is £90pp. To book, click here
This Fire Safety Awareness course provides participants with the confidence to assess and tackle fires (if appropriate) and realise the importance of their actions in the case of a fire.
- Theory of combustion
- Classifications of Fire
- First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment
- Practical Exercises and Demonstration
Upon completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
• Act safely, promptly and effectively with fires at work
• Understand the basic principles of fire and how they are classified
• Identify and correctly operate First Aid Fire Fighting Equipment including Fire Extinguishers
• Identify ways to reduce fire risks in the workplace
• Implement good housekeeping – maintain fire safety measures and action plans.