19th March 2020, 09:30 to 16:30 @ Museums Galleries Scotland, 2-4 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG
A one-day customer service course designed specifically for visitor attraction front-line staff that combines the expertise of VisitScotland’s Visitor Attraction Quality Scheme and the experience of the renowned Welcome to Excellence training programmes.
Participants will discover everything they need to know about being an ambassador for your attraction and delivering great service to your visitors.
The course content is closely aligned to VisitScotland’s Quality Assurance programme for Visitor Attractions and will provide invaluable guidance and insight into the expectations of 5 star service, hospitality and friendliness a Quality Tourism Advisor will anticipate during a quality assurance assessment.
You will learn about:
- Creating great visitor experiences – Working with colleagues to deliver world-class service to all your visitors
- Identifying, meeting and exceeding visitor expectations – Understanding your visitors and creating memorable experiences
- Delivering high quality service – Making a great first and lasting impression
- Connecting with visitors – Communicating successfully and understanding visitor needs
- Engaging and inspiring visitors – Going the extra mile and bringing your attraction to life
- Resolving challenging situations – Using visitor feedback positively and service recovery
- Promoting your attraction – Acting as an ambassador and encouraging repeat business
- Planning for success – Staying ahead of the competition
This course is only open to Scottish Museum workforce ( includes volunteers) and spaces are limited to a maximum of two delegates per organisation.
Click here to find out more about this event.