29th January 2020, 14:00 to 16:00 @ North Highland College UHI
This course is suitable for employees who are nominated as Fire Wardens within their organisation. To take part in Fire Warden training, it is compulsory that attendees have completed the Fire Safety Awareness Course first. The Fire Warden Course will give employees nominated as Fire Wardens a greater knowledge of what is expected of them when the fire alarm goes off. It is essential that staff know what they must do to safeguard themselves and others on the premises and to have an awareness of the importance of their actions. This includes risk reduction, maintenance of fire safety measures and action if there is a fire. This course costs £50pp To book, click here
Upon completion of this basic safety training course, participants may undertake Fire Warden training to provide them with the tools and knowledge to implement a fire action plan in the event of a real fire. This course will follow the Safety Awareness course, taking place in the afternoon.
This course gives delegates an all-round knowledge of Fire Warden duties, what to do in the event of a fire and how to prevent a fire from happening.
• Definitions of responsible persons
• Pro-active duties of the Fire Warden
• Actions on hearing the fire alarm
• Actions for evacuation
• Actions on arrival at the assembly point
• Notifying the fire brigade
Upon completion of the course the candidates will be able to:
• Act safely, promptly and effectively in the Fire Warden role
• Understand their basic warden duties and how to carry them out safely
• Carry out basic daily fire safety checks