Thurso Heritage Society
Founded in 1981, Thurso Heritage Society is a registered charity which actively promotes and preserves local heritage. Being the home of Thurso’s history, the society can trace predecessors back to 1846. The organisation has a strong ethos ensuring local culture is available to all.
The charity carries out numerous activities including:
- The Digitisation of Local Records
- Educational Illustrated Talks
- Guided Walks
- Historical Research
- Long-term Community Projects
- Making Private Collections Public
- Providing assistance to Professional Heritage & Educational Bodies
The society accepts donations, financial and items of local connection towards our goals to ensure we can leave an enduring legacy.