Thurso Heritage Society
Tel: 01847 895453
C/O 9 Oldfield Terrace
Founded in 1981, we are a registered charity which actively promotes and preserves local heritage. Being the home of Thurso’s history, we can trace our predecessors back to 1846. We have a strong ethos ensuring our culture is available to all.
Our charity carries out numerous activities including:
- The Digitisation of Local Records
- Educational Illustrated Talks
- Guided Walks
- Historical Research
- Long-term Community Projects
- Making Private Collections Public
- Providing assistance to Professional Heritage & Educational Bodies
We accept donations, financial and items of local connection towards our goals to ensure we can leave an enduring legacy.