The SMART:SCOTLAND grant is a research and development (R&D) grant offered by Scottish Enterprise to support high-risk, highly ambitious projects. It provides funding to support feasibility studies that help to show your idea could work in the real world.
Projects will need to generate intellectual property (IP) that your business will own.
There are a range of eligibility criteria, including:
- You’re a small or medium-sized business, university spin-out or an individual.
- You’re based, or planning to set up, in Scotland.
- Your project represents an advance in technological innovation for the UK industry or sector concerned.
- Both the project and the business are financially viable.
- Financial assistance from SMART:Scotland is essential for the project to go ahead.
There is no cost to apply and grants can support up to 70% of the eligible costs for a small enterprise and up to 60% of the eligible costs for a medium enterprise.
Full details of eligibility and how to apply can be found on the SMART:Scotland page on FindBusinessSupport.gov.scot.
The Chamber team can work alongside you as you go through the application process to provide additional, bespoke advice and guidance as required. Contact our team today on 01847 890076 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat to find out more about what we can offer.